McCarthy Album 08, Photograph 015
Stanley Park, Vancouver, British Columbia
Caption: "Stanley Park Vancouver B.C.," c. 1908-1912. Shows a pond with central fountain, surrounded by lush vegetation including evergreen trees. A group of people stands at the pond's edge in the distance. The City of Vancouver opened Stanley Park in 1888. The 405-hectare park is even now thickly forested, and remains Vancouver's largest park. It is located on the northern edge of the city, surrounded on three sides by Vancouver Harbor and English Bay.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Audrey Fullerton-Samora of Sacramento, great niece of William and Grace McCarthy, donated the William M. McCarthy Photograph Collection to the California State Archives in 1996.
California State Archives, a division of the California Secretary of State's Office
© 2017 by the California State Archives, a division of the Secretary of State’s Office. Contact the owner for more information at ArchivesWeb@sos.ca.gov or (916) 653-2246.
Image of an item within the William M. McCarthy Photograph Collection (96-07-08)
JPEG, scanned at 400 DPI, 24-bit color